Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The New Year

We began 2009 on an uneventful note. For starters, the whole family fell sick, led by Hubby D and his wracking cough. It wasn't long before I got it and our little tyke also fell ill. Kieran had fever and rashes and was generally very uncomfortable. He slept very little and so did we. He would wake up every hour crying, which was both traumatic and tiring for all of us. I nearly decided to throw in the towel and skip my driving test one weekday morning but my mother in law was adamant that I go through with it. So it was with a heavy and distracted heart that I went through the rituals of the test (which was very familiar to me as it was not my first attempt) and I PASSED! I MADE IT and got to watch the safety video instead of trooping down to the first floor in defeat to book yet another test date. Those in the know are aware that I've persevered with the driving for the whole of 2008. How apt that I am starting the new year knowing I can now legally get behind a set of wheels! Sweeter is the victory when it is so hard won!

No comments:

Post a Comment