The family has shifted back to our flat at Anchorvale. It's a significant move, considering that we had spent the last three years or so living with my in laws during the weekdays and only returning home during the weekends. After Kieran was born, it was more practical to live with the in laws as my workplace was nearby and they could help me look after him while I was at work.
However, we decided to move back as we felt that Kieran needed a more conducive and quieter environment so that he could learn and play. So far, the move seems to have been a good decision although a fair amount of shuttling back and forth still takes place Mondays-Fridays.
It is nice to be able to spend the day and night in our colorful house. I have almost forgotten how airy and bright the place can be and the myriad of colors certainly lifts one spirits!
We are, however, the only family that has stayed on since the estate was built nearly 8 years ago. The neighbors that we used to know on our floor have all moved out, probably cashing in on the property boom, and we find ourselves surrounded by strangers.
The extensive renovation that my next-door neighbors have embarked on got me recently thinking about doing up our flat. Already, some things are faulty and we need a contractor to come in to fix these issues. I also want a ceiling fan, new sofa and to renovate the toilets. On top of this, we plan to decorate Kieran's bedroom.
But all these will have to wait as we have only recently settled in after Hubby's return from the US following a nine-month stint there to pursue his masters. I have been leafing through home and decor magazines to get some ideas but haven't gotten round to visiting furniture stores.
What I know clearly is that I do not want my house to look like a hotel or a showflat. There will be no swanky chandeliers or false ceilings. It will hopefully retain its cheerful and cosy atmosphere. We used to have parties at home and we hope to get that started again. Stay tune for updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment