We checked into Thomson Medical Centre at 8 am sharp in the morning and waited for some time in the observation ward as the hospital had run out of rooms before being ushered into the expansive operating theatre at 1130 am.
Unlike the first time when everything happened very quickly, it was certainly more leisurely this time round. I was surrounded by chatty and young Filipino nurses while having the epidural administered by the anaesthetist. One key reason why I decided to have a planned surgery was because I wanted the same guy who had done my spinal more than four years ago. He was very skillful and kind then as I was in a state of shock because I had not expected to have an emergency C-section.
It was a bright and sunny morning and I was feeling pretty calm and relaxed. However, the spinal caused my blood pressure to dip and I was given some medicine to bring the pressure up, which gave me a splitting headache that lasted for a good 15-20 minutes or so and caused me a lot of pain. Things proceeded very quickly after my gynae came into the operating theatre. Soon after, I felt a tugging sensation in my abdomen -- but no pain -- and then I heard Eli wail. I cried too. Relieved that the operation had gone smoothly and joy that my baby was safe and sound. "He looks like Kieran!" said Hubby D.
![]() |
![]() | ||


No comments:
Post a Comment