It's the night before Baby Kieran's first birthday celebration tomorrow. Although he does not officially turn 1 until 2 Dec, we are celebrating it in advance over the weekend to accomodate family and close friends. I decided to make it a simple and cosy do -- a celebration with people we love and whom we know love Kieran dearly.
We've got the balloons, the happy birthday banner and even the Barney birthday hat! Hubby D and I will probably spend the next few hours trying to transform our living quarters into a kid's dream.
Can't help but recall how just one year ago, I was waiting to pop and wondering how life as a mum would be like. Now I'm living it and it has been quite an experience! I still think I have heaps to learn (including patience) and I'm still trying to juggle work and baby in between battling exhaustion and trying to catch up with my increasingly energetic boy! But it has been such an amazing experience watching him grow and I am sure there will be much more to look forward to!
Happy happy birthday my boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment