Finally, the results are out. I have been awarded the MOE Overseas Postgrad Scholarship.
This would mean a new posting and appointment at MOE HQ next year before I leave for studies in August. After more than six years in education and as a teacher, I am entering a new chapter; my life at Meridian -- which is my first posting -- will come to a close.
How time flies.
This has been an amazing year of achievements -- and rewards. First, Meridian JC is the top performer in Project Work this year. Although with 95.5% As we did not break HCI's previous record of 98.8%As, we still set a national first by becoming the fest JC to inch out traditional powerhouses like HCI and RJC to emerge as top performer this year. I want to thank my project work committee for this achievement. PWC 08 is a magical team -- we were awarded the Most Outstanding Staff Contribution (Team) Award. I must also thank my family for making it possible for me to focus on improving the programme and dedicating time and efforts to ensuring that timely interventions could be made.
Of course, next comes this scholarship -- which is probably the reward for a job well-done. Wifey has had to put up with me the last six months. For dominating our daily conversations were these: scholarship and PW. It's strange how I used to be her listener -- she would be the one with concerns and gripes about work. These days, in our car ride home, wifey would be the receiver of Hubby D's daily updates about his work, work, work and endless concerns about what else... the two hackneyed subjects that could not leave his mind. All right, I have to thank wifey for being my greatest supporter and of course, for being the one who has always had great faith in me. She really does believe in me.
The countdown now begins. I will miss Meridian -- the place where I was groomed to be an effective teacher and leader. The learning curve was steep, probably the steepest I've ever encountered. But the experience has also inspired me to give my best, especially when I had such inspiring leaders and mentors, who have successfully inspired confidence and seeded the desire to aspire for greater achievements. To Under Ms Lai's leadership, I am sure Meridian will continue to make new milestones. Meridian -- Born of a vision to be the best. And this I will always remember.
Wah! Congrats!!!!! So excited for you. Plus I will have a person to help me buy handbags. Haha.
ReplyDeleteReally looking forward to seeing you at HQ. Thanks for all your support, friendship and invaluable advise at MJC.
Audrina =D