Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Perfect Couple

So mushy... but think of this: A man's success is never his own alone. For this man, his Significant Other definitely had a big role to play -- the ever-supporting, ever-attentive, ever-amazing person who deserves one compliment every day. I must thank Shuey baby and Kieran boy for the good things that have happened to moi and of course for being my source of motivation.

So here we are -- at the NIE Teachers Investiture, where I received my Postgraduate Scholarships Award and may I add, an overseas award. Oh, how humble!

We managed to grab someone -- who looked helpful enough -- to take a shot after the ceremony. Thought it was rather nicely taken -- we look slim.

During the ceremony, I remarked to my wife that a lot of the awardees looked rather old. Yet when I scrutinise the shot here, boy, do I look like my youth has long passed me by.

Well, never mind. Now we'll just anticipate greater excitement -- wow! -- come 2010. Anyway, a quick sidetrack: I read in the Straits Times yesterday that children who grow up with leaders as parents are likely to become strong leaders themselves.

Kieran, here's hoping daddy will be an inspiration!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment