Thursday, August 6, 2009

California Beckons!

An update: we may be going to California SOON!

After a long wait, MOE is now asking me to apply to Stanford's SUSE! How desirable!

With such leading experts like Prof Linda Darling-Hammond -- I am your greatest fan! Coincidentally, Wifey mis-spelt Hammond as "Hammer" in a MSN conversation and I chided her for that -- STANFORD is the place to be.

A latest update on the SUSE website stated that they will only be taking in a very limited number of students next year. Apparently, they are making changes to the Curriculum and Teaching programme. As a result, they are requesting interested applicants to ensure a close link between their area of specialisation and the available faculty's research interest. That's when I found Prof Shelley Goldman!

Prof Shelley Goldman is the Director of Learning Design and Technology Programme. She is also one of the profs in the Curriculum and Teacher Education programme. How apt! This is my chance to further my interest in developing 21st century skills and deepening my understanding of how the new learning sciences and networked technologies have transformed learning. This is so exciting! I hope she will be my advisor for the Masters Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment