Finally the time has come for the family to move to the States for a while. From applying for the scholarship to getting it and planning for our stay overseas, can't believe we are about to set off for the trip tomorrow morning! It's going to be a long flight of around 18 hours with a short transit in Seoul and Hubby D and I are most concerned about Kieran. On his last and only flight to Perth, he kept wanting to chu1 qu4 (get out) of the plane. If adults can get restless, what more an active toddler? Anyway we have some stuff to distract him, including a new portable DVD player (a gift from his doting grandpartents), that will be used as a last resort if he acts up.
The family managed to squeeze all the belongings into three luggage bags for check-in. I am also bringing this old Jansport backpack that I bought the last and only time I was in the US as a student in my early twenties back in 1999. I didn't think I would come back to the US again and it's interesting how life has come full circle in some ways. I still remember the wonderful caramel lattes -- they don't make them like they do in the US!
Anyway, everyone who's been to Stanford says it is gorgeous and huge. I like huge. The idea of wide open spaces and being near nature are very appealing. I am looking forward to the new experience. Stay tune!

No comments:
Post a Comment