Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Day

Today is our first day back in Singapore after a grueling 17-hour flight. I am still jet-lagged but stoically keeping myself awake so that I can hopefully sleep through the night later. It was horrid going home without Hubby -- didn't realise it would be THIS hard! Thankfully family members have been very encouraging and supportive in a bid to keep my spirits up.

It feels like I've never left Singapore. I got used to the humidity very quickly, possibly because it is such a respite from the dry weather in the US! But a trip to Ikea to get some ice-cream for Kieran turned out to be quite a disorientating experience. Suddenly there were too many people and cars and not enough space. This was when I felt a pang of longing for the spaciousness of Stanford and Palo Alto.

Kieran, on the other hand, seems to be adjusting very well back home. No wonder they say kids are adaptable. He is aware that Daddy is still back in the US and doesn't ask for him. It helps that he has got loving grandparents, uncles and aunts to dote on him.

Our little sunshine boy showed few signs of any fatigue today. He was hamming it up for the camera with his kiddy harmonica and also enjoyed carrying his little cousin Chloe. He even wanted to feed her milk from the bottle!



No comments:

Post a Comment